Impact drivers are of utter importance, especially for mechanics when it comes to unscrewing large bolts and nuts that might be frozen or over-torqued. Its main job is to provide a strong rotational force and forward thrust when struck by a hammer.
Working Mechanism of Dewalt DCF885
A splined inner core is surrounded by a heavy outer sleeve, the spline being curved so that when a hammer strikes it, the downward force produces the turning force on the core and the part attached to it. The actual working happens when the heavy rotational inertia is translated to the core and huge amounts of torque are generated. The hammer further forces the driver into the screw and eliminates cam out. Talking in terms of this Dewalt dcf885 1/4 impact model, it consists of a brushed motor and a slightly stubbier appearance. Though the maneuverability will not be increased, it successfully placed the model among the shortest brushed devices of 18V.
Driver & Specification
The cordless instant driver brought into the market by DeWalt’s is a highly recommended tool and is a step up from the previous models. The company is known for its good quality and professional standard tools, available for all types of users. It has been recognized as one of the best brands and has been in the good books of so many customers. This dcf885 dewalt model is best for someone who has to regularly tackle longer fixings like large lag screws or tough materials like steel, hardwood or concrete.
Its specifications are as follows:
- Weight: 3.31 kg
- Colour: black/yellow
- Dimensions: 25.7 * 40.6 * 12.2 cm
- Batteries required: 2 Lithium metal batteries
- Power output: 250 watts
- No-load speed: 2800 rpm
- Height: 236 cm
- Length: 141 mm
- Max. bolt diameter: M12
- Max. torque: 155 Nm
- Sound pressure: 90 DB(A)
- Acoustic pressure: 101 DB(A)
- Impacts per minute: 3200 pm
Features of Dewalt DCF885 Cordless Impact Driver
Either a mechanic or a DIYer, this tool is the best choice for them. We would like to list some of the most favorite attributes of Dewalt dcf885 which are sure to make you buy it in a jiffy.
- The best feature of this tool is that it is powerful, yet light-weight which enables the user to handle it easily without tiring himself.
- The compact or portable in nature makes it super easy to carry from one place to another.
- The 3 LED ring is a feature that lets you use this tool even in the dark as wearing a head torch can be frustrating. The light isn’t too bright and works perfectly and one can choose to use it or not according to the setup and need.
- 🥇Best Handheld Vacuums For Pet Hair To Rule 2020 | Comparison And Review
- Huion Vs Wacom Comparison guide: Which One Is Best for Architecture Drawing
- E-Safety Tips For Parents: Internet Safety Facts for Kids To follow 
- The highly-powered motor is a guarantee in this model as a powerful motor is what one needs the most to perform such tasks. Its durability is another desired feature and said to not break upon dropping as compared to other drivers. So one can be the clumsy self!
- DeWalt DCF885 provides a long 3-year warranty on this impact driver and now we know why everyone admires it. This would potentially cover the mechanical faults if incurred by the user.
- The intelligent trigger allows total control over all applications and latest XR lithium-ion technology. Lithium-ion batteries have a much higher energy density than the other batteries which feed it with more power so that it runs longer. They are also known to be smaller and lighter than others thus decreasing the overall weight.
- A reduced downtime between using of the driver is also a positive side. Great heat dispersion is enabled by aluminum front housing.
- For efficient transmission of power, all-metal gearing is a must in this product. Better ergonomic design and comfort due to the rubber grip. Drop in the keyless driver of 6.35 mm allows one-handed fitment. It has a magnetic bit holder and a steel belt clip that ensures storage solutions.
- It comes with a multi-voltage charger to use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V batteries.
- Another amazing feature is the chuck which can hold 1″ bits and enables the user to use this model in tight places. Mostly short head models cannot support this and it makes it a lot handier to use.
- At last, it wins the quality versus price race by offering good quality at a lower price and increased battery life.
Limitations of DeWalt 1/4″ DCF885 Model
A product, however, loved is sure to have some minor limitations that encourage companies to bring out better versions every day as technology evolves. Some bullets to make you apprehend about the cons are listed below.
- It might feel as off-balanced while working.
- There is no on-tool holder provided.
- It cannot function without batteries.
- Forward thrust is not provided by an electric driver.
The driver comes in different kit sizes and each provides different quantities of batteries and with varied power ratings. The default battery is a 20V max battery, that is rated at 1.5 Ah. You will be getting a longer-running driver as it possesses a12 Ah battery which is nothing but massive and gives 800% longer run time. It is important to keep in mind that whichever battery is being used, the torque output will not be affected, it’s the usage time between the charges that will change. The variable speed trigger lets you enjoy the device at your own pace, making it easily manageable and once the trigger is left, the brakes stop it from rotating further.
General Reviews & Impressions
Due to its many impressionable features, mechanics and other people have been completely pleased with this model of an impact driver. It has all the advantages one would possibly look for. Its performance and design both are unmatched. It has been very well rated at all the sites. They beat the drill drivers easily as they are meant for small holes and lack the torque required for bigger tasks. Dewalt DCF885 is worth every cent and this one is no exception. Invest in it and you won’t regret at all.