Just imagine a situation when you use the toilet and other faucets for a whole long day and by the night, it all backs up. Horrible! Floor drain backups can not only damage the sewer but your entire floor as well. This may happen to you at any time if you are inattentive to the problems. Even small mistakes of not maintaining or checking the health of your sewer may lead up to this massive problem in your home. But to get rid of this, you can follow the guide mentioned below. It will help you to get rid of this plumbing system and find a way out.
Causes of backups
There may be several causes that won why you are facing this issue. However, to get to the right solution, diagnosing the source of the problem is very important. Without proper diagnosis, you may not end up getting the proper replacement. Here are a few causes shared below.
- [Solution] Problems with Drain Backing Up & Why Happened
- 5 Methods To Unclog Drains Hair | How To Get Hair Out Of Drain
- 7 Best Bathroom Heaters Review Guide ( Portable, Wall Mounted & Space Heaters)
- One of the most common causes may be because of cracks or holes. It may happen at any time due to soil movement or multiple other things. It may leak or sever backflow may happen to your home.
- Collapsed sewerage may be another reason. The sewer line may get collapsed if there is debris formation or you may face hard water in your locality. This will lead to the drainpipe being blocked and not moving at all.
- The next reason could be the formation of tree roots. You may not be able to see this from the upper ground. But if tree roots are forming around the sewerage, it may lead to completely breaking down the sewer pipe.
- Simple line clogs and not cleaning them maybe another big reason for you to face such issues. It may look to be simple at first, but you may end up in serious trouble. Hair clogged or even debris clogged may lead to a complete blockage of outflow.
How to Stop the Floor Drain Backing Up
If you are facing this issue, you may have landed into serious trouble. The primary option will be to repair the line. However, if this does not work well, you may have to end up replacing the entire Drain Backing Up.
Here are some steps that you can follow to stop
- The first thing that you need to do is to run a complete diagnosis. Dig up the entire area that is around the sewer. Free the sewer to work all over it so that you can inspect.
- Check for the possible leaks that are present around the joints. This will give you a proper idea about what to do.
- If you find any damaged part on the exterior, you may have to seal it. You can do the same if there are any leaks on the joints.
- If there is not a problem, you need to inspect the internal area of the pipeline. You can do this with the help of a small camera present. Take the camera with the help of a stick and run through the pipe. This will give you a clear idea about the internal situation.
- Locate the exact point where you need to start the repairing work and then you may have to cut it out. If there is a minor problem, simply clear the pipe and then re-install it.
- If you are unable to clear or fix this part, you may have to take the help of a new drain pipe. Install the new pipe and then join all the components together. Make sure to seal it properly to avoid any leaks.
Having proper maintenance for your sewer line is very important for every home. Things like unclogging the drainpipe, removing debris may make your home healthy. But if such problems occur, you may face a lot of trouble. You can always consider asking a technician for your help but it will cost you so much. This guide above will help you to get rid of the problems with a drain backing up and finding you the exact solution that you were looking forward to getting. You may also have to end up replacing the main pipe.
I am the man behind Final Scope, I was working as a marketing analyst for 4 years before launching Final Scope. Being a writer for so many years brought out the best in me to find and review products. Following my passion, I do take reviewing and analyzing products as a part of my skill and different opportunities to get your needs. Here, I aim to provide my readers with accurate information and reviews about products after detailed research and experience.