Most of the pipelines and the drain pipes in any home are connected to the main sewer. It helps to outflow the entire water present inside the home and take it out. If you are facing some issues of water leaks or clogged water it is mainly because the toilet keeps clogging. So it is very important to keep the main sewer clean and regularly maintain it. Calling a plumber to do your work will spend you a lot of money. If you want to save it up to buy something new, you can follow this guide to know more. It will help you to get rid of the problems.
Causes of Clogs
There are several reasons why a sewer pipe may be clogged. Some of our regular habits may be the primary reason. However, there may be even more serious issues that you can’t imagine about. Here is a lift of the possible causes.
- This may happen if the pipes of the sewers are completely damaged or even broken. To solve this problem, you will need to have a proper backup.
- The shift of soil or even heavy traffic on the ground may lead to breaking the sewer at any time.
- Corrosion or even hard debris formation is very common. This will happen more if your locality is affected by hard water.
- The leaking joints may be another reason why you are facing such problems. You need to check for the leaks and the joints in this case.
- Soil conditions may affect the status of the drain pipe. This will immediately lead to the sewer line being sagged. In such a case, it will lead to severe blockage.
- One of the major reasons may be because of tree roots. You may not notice this, but tree roots may tend to grow just bursting out the pipe below the ground.
- If you have debris and recently you have flushed, it may damage the main sewer. The debris will get formed down and it will not tend to move even after flushing.
- Running great through the drain can never be a good idea. The oil may turn into a solid form because of the temperature difference and entirely block the sewer.
- [4 Working Methods] How to Remove Oil Stains From Your Driveway or Garage
- [Solution] Problems with Drain Backing Up & Why Happened
- ✰ How to Recover Refrigerant | With Or Without Machine | 2020
How To Repair Pipes Of The Sewers
If you are facing severe problems with the sewer lines, you may have to replace or repair it completely. But before you do so, you can just try out some traditional methods of the sewer line repair. If this does not work well, you can replace it altogether. Here are the steps that you can follow.
- Try to use a small waterproof video camera. Run the video camera through the sewer line as deep as possible and then you can study the position. You can start inspecting the physical condition to go for accurate replacements.
Replace The Sewer Line Without Snake
- Now, you can follow the traditional step to clear the sewer line. You can do this with the help of a backhoe to dig up the area around the sewer.
- This will clear the area around the sewer line and will allow you to access the parts. If there is a problem with just the outside, you can repair the area directly.
- If the problem lies in the interior part, you need to make small access holes. You can use a drill to make the holes in the affected areas.
- Cut the area which is affected and then replace it with a new pipe. Make sure that you have joined every part of the sewer so that there are no exterior leaks.
To avoid potential leaks in your bathroom, unclogging the main sewer is a very important step. You need to regularly maintain it to keep the proper hygiene intact. If maintaining is not the possible option for you now, consider replacing the main sewer. The above guide will help you to know all about the causes and the replacement options for the main sewer easily. All that you need to do is to diagnose properly and then take the necessary steps.