It may come as a surprise to our traditional study, that there is a fourth state of matter. This fourth state of matter is called plasma and it is this form which triggers the entire working mechanism of the plasma lighters. These lighters are very convenient, cool-looking, flameless and environment-friendly substitutes for the traditional fuel lighters and can be used over and over again. Making life more economical, easier and hassle-free for smokers and non-smokers alike.
plasma ARC Lighters: Replacement For Traditional Lighters
Before getting into other nitty and gritty, it is quintessential to understand the working mechanism of the plasma lighters. They follow the same principle on which nature works when it produces lightning. Plasma lighters actually work when the ionized gas allows the flow of electrons. When the button on the lighter is pushed the electrons start to get ionized and at its maximum throttle, they spread in the air.
Once the air gets ionized the spark starts to move and electricity is generated. These electric lighters have +ve and –ve electrodes which make the spark travel to opposite directions, ultimately connecting the two electrodes and forming an arc. This arc is actually electricity which has a high level of intensity to ignite anything from a cigar, a candle to a barbeque. These lighters are powered by batteries and do not need any fuel recharge and what makes the entire deal more appealing is the fact that their batteries are rechargeable.
WHY GO FOR A PLASMA/ARC LIGHTER?
Since now we know how do electric lighter works it is very easy to figure out how it stands in a better position than the conventional lighters.
- These lighters help in keeping the budget in check, as they can be used again and again, unlike the conventional lighters which are use and throw.
- Since they are fit for repeated use they do not add to the pile of waste and helps in protecting the environment in a big way.
- These lighters are safe, as they work on electricity and there is no flame or fire generation.
- Their quirky and modern designing adds a lot of oomph and style to the user’s personality.
- These rechargeable battery operational lighters have done away with the hassle of regular fuel recharges in lighters.
- The presence of USB ports in the lighters makes charging batteries a very easy task.
- Since they do not involve flame and work on electricity generation, the working is not interrupted by the wind. Making them more functional.
- They are very powerful and can be used for just any task from lighting cigarettes to stoves.
- Best Inflatable Loungers Reviewed By Experts: [July 2019] Buying Guide
- How does A Plasma ball Work: A complete Working Mechanism
- Inflatable Loungers Brands and Instructions: Add More Comfort and Portability to Your Lives
| Types of Electric Lighters |
VARIETIES IN VOGUE
Electric lighters have been a successful entrant in the field of lighters and have very conveniently replaced the traditional fuel lighters. But they too come in two different forms. The single arc plasma lighter and the dual arc plasma lighter. Which one to choose depends entirely on the usage and the need of the buyer.
Single ARC Dual ARC
SINGLE ARC PLASMA LIGHTERS
This variety of plasma lighters, as the name suggests has a single arc forming through the diagonal play of electrodes. A single arc definitely means lesser power eventually leading to lower efficiency. But on the other
- These lighters are light on the battery power and thus help in economizing the power for a longer run.
- They are lighter on the pocket as compared to the dual arc lighters.
- They are great companions when continuous battery recharge is not possible.
- They exhibit lesser power and thus take a longer time in igniting objects.
DUAL ARC LIGHTERS
The more common and preferred variety is of the dual-arc lighters. These lighters form a dual arc which forms a perfect X. This double arc leads to the generation of more electricity and thus oozes more power. If efficiency and quick work are what you are looking for, these lighters definitely outdo the single arc lighters. The only downfall is the fact that these
- They are high on power and energy and thus can ignite anything in question within seconds.
- They are a great choice were efficiency and quick work is the preference.
- Since they have a USB charger port, charging the batteries is an easy and quick task.
- Their efficiency makes them a value buy.
- The dual arc plasma lighters drain the battery at double the speed as compared to the single arc lighters and thus there is a hassle of frequent recharges attached with them.
- They are a more expensive choice.
What one chooses is entirely based upon the budget consideration and the kind of work which one plans to undertake with the lighter. Light work with low-intensity need will make the single plasma lighter the right choice. Whereas if more power is needed there is no substitute to the dual arc plasma lighter.
Plasma Lighters Brands
CHOICES AVAILABLE IN MARKET
Tesla Coil Dual Arc Lighter
A very good and stylish looking Dual arc lighter which is efficient and safe in usage.
- The Tesla Coil Dual arc electric lighter just takes about one hour to get fully charged.
- It has a very easy and convenient use mechanism, which entails opening and closing of lids and pushing a button to start the dual arc.
- A perfect choice for small errands, it is quite an
economical choice with a sturdy body type. Available in black and golden color.
- Powered by rechargeable batteries (through USB).
Saberlight Sparq Duel Plasma Beam Lighter
A joy to use and pleasing to look at. The slim and sleek design of this lighter makes it highly functional
- This Plasma lighter creates such a powerful beam that it can ignite any object in a jiffy.
- It can be charged fully within an hour, with the help of the USB cable.
- The batteries have a long life once charged and can be used up to 300 times before a second recharge is needed.
- It looks very stylish and has an appeal to it.
- Efficient in work, smart design and high on usability.
SPARX Dual Arc Lighter
If durability and sturdiness of the product matter to you as much as its efficiency than this lighter is a perfect choice.
- Long battery life of up to 300 ignites.
- Made of zinc alloy, which lends it high durability and smart look.
- Comes in black matte, silver, and golden variants.
- Easy to use by just opening the lid and pushing aside button to ignite the electronic plasma arc.
- Very powerful and effective in lighting just anything.
Ralix Single Arc Lighter
This plasma lighter develops a single arc and thus goes low on battery power consumption. It is a good choice for lighter tasks.
- Has a sturdy feel to it and is made of durable material.
- Since has a single arc, the battery power lasts for about one full week.
- Very easy to use. Ignites with just a button push.
- Comes with a USB cable for recharge.
The final decision on buying a plasma lighter should be based on
- The purpose for which the lighter will be used.
- What are the durability of the body and the battery?
- How much time does a recharge take?
- Till what time can battery power sustain after one recharge.
- Ease of use.
- Power generation.
If these considerations are taken into account a value buy can be undertaken which will help you in enjoying your buy for a longer period in the most comprehensive manner.