DWS779 and DWS780 are two models that are made by DeWalt. DWS779 and DWS780 are miter saws that come from the 12-inch sliding double Bevel saw tool class. There is an upgrade from the radical arms saws and chop. As a result, these miter saws are more advanced and versatile. If you deal with woodworks, by all means, you should purchase either the DWS779 or the DWS780. There stand as the best miter saws because of their quality, ability to cut accurately and also most importantly there are safe to use. The DWS779 and DWS780 miter saws are so similar to each other but they also have unique features that differentiate them a great deal. Down below l compared and contrasted these two miters to see which one stands out as the best.
- Motor 15 AMP
- 3800 RPM Speed
- Item Weight 67 Pounds
- 3-year warranty
- 12-inch double bevel
- Battery Not Required
So no need to worry about the selection between these two mind blowing miter saw. FinalScope highlighted head to head comparison on DWS779 Vs DWS780, Just have a look
Similarities Between the DWS779 and DWS780
The DWS779 and DWS780 have a number of similar features. Down below are the DWS779 and DWS780 similar key features.
- The DWS779 and DWS780 are all both made by a well-known brand the DeWalt. As a result, these two miter saws are made with high-quality material which is sturdy and durable.
- These tool saws are user-friendly as they have a 3-year limited warranty. In case, the tool saws become faulty you can easily return them within the stipulated 3 years and get a refund or replacement.
- The power supply for both miter saws is corded -electric.
- The miter saws can cut the same size of stock. Their maximum capacity is also similar.
- Both miter saws have the capability to handle heavy woodworking projects. They can cut even the toughest wood. There are ideal for beginners and professionals.
- Similarly, the two saw miters have a 15 AMP power motor. Additionally, the blades can rotate and speed up to 3800 per minute (RPM). The blade diameter measures 12-inches for both saws.
- Both these miter saws are fully equipped with additional features such as blade wrench, carbide blade, and a material clamp.
- The dust removal mechanism is the same. They all have a dust bag, which has the best dust collection capacity. It collects all the dust and residues.
- The DWS779 and DWS780 have a dual bevel, a miter that can be adjusted and the angles are similar too. Additionally, there have the same length, width, and size.
- Both these miter saws are ideal to use in busy work areas, you can easily fasten the tool saw firmly to the work table. This way it will be more secure and safe to use.
Comparison Chart in Detail
The Difference Between DWS779 And DWS78O
With so many similarities, how can these two miter saws be so different? Well, similar as there are, these two saws are fully equipped with unique features that make them stand out from each other. Basically, the DWS780 is an upgrade, it succeeded the DWS779. As a result, it has some advanced features as compared to the DWS779. Factors such as price, weight, light just to mention a few differentiate these two saw miters.
DWS779 is more affordable. It cost around $469.00, whereas the DWS780 is more expensive costing around $599.00. The difference in price is due to the fact that the DWS780 is more advanced and also it has a unique feature. However, the DWS779 is value for your money, simply because it is affordable plus it has the capability to perform even better than the DWS780.
The major difference between the DWS779 and the DWS780 is that the DWS780 model is fully equipped with the bright cutting LED light alongside the blade. Whereas the DWS779 has an XPS light. The DWS779 also has a cut-line blade positioning system which you can easily adjust to enable you to have a free-cutting line indicator. Apparently many users prefer the LED light as compared to the lasers. This is because the DWS780 LED light is always properly positioned as compared to the DWS779 whose laser systems always get knocked out of position when cutting. Moreover, the LED light can easily project a shadow line of the blade’s teeth over the cutting materials. This will aid you a great deal to make better precise cuts.
Another difference is that the DWS779 is heavier, weighing about 67 pounds whereas the DWS780 is lighter in weight. It weighs 56 pounds only, which makes it easier to carry and move around as compared to the DWS779 miter saw.
MITER DETENT PLATE:
The miter detent plate parameters are also one of the major difference between DWS779 and DWS780. The DWS780 saw miter has a stainless steel with a cam lock whereas, on the other hand, the DWS779 has a stainless steel lever cam with 10 positive stops. Furthermore, the DWS779 has a double horizontal rail with an innovative clamping device. You will have a more precise and accurate cutting result because of the linear ball bearing. However, the DWS780 has a rail lock which improves the vertical cutting results and to lock the angles for angle adjustment it has a cam lock miter button.
Online rating-DWS779 has a whopping grand online rating of 5 stars out of 5. Whereas on the other hand, the DWS780 has an online rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. The DWS779 is more ideal for medium to slight heavy-duty works whereas the DWS780 is ideal for heavy-duty projects only
- 🥇Makita RT0701C 1-¼ Hp Wood Compact Router review
- 🥇Graco Magnum X5 Vs Graco Magnum X7: Comparison Guide b/w Best Paint Sprayer
- 🥇Dewalt DW735X vs DW735 vs DW734 Planer: Choose The Best Planer
My Top Pick And You Know WHY?
My top pick definitely is the DWS779. It has all the unique features that you need to do your project, be it small or big, all at an affordable price. DWS779 is a great investment. Ultimately the best way to save money and experience value for your money. DWS780 is basically an imitation of DWS779, the LED light is the only upgraded feature it has. The only reason it is expensive is because of the LED light. Therefore, a miter saw with a LED light is not a necessity, if your projects do not require it. DWS779 stands out as the best choice.
The DWS779 has one of the best cross-cutting capacity of up to16- inch. It is also very outstanding because of its versatility. With a 15 AMP, belt-driven motor, this miter saw can crosscut any type of wood into any shape. Additionally, it has the capability to cut the toughest knots and wood, easily and precisely.
This miter saw has the best dual bevel cutting feature. With this feature, you don’t have to flip the work-piece in order to cut the other side. When cutting, you can simply shift to the left or tilt to the right just depending on what you have to do at that time. Additionally, you can easily adjust it to suit your needs.
Lastly, with the DWS779 saw miter if need be, you can easily add specific attachments to hold the workpiece. This will help enhance the workability of the miter saw and also aids you to cut complex wood with ease. Another reason why l consider this miter saw as the best is simply because it is rust-resistant. There is no need to apply oils to prevent the miter saw from rusting. This feature makes the miter saw more durable than the other models. Overall, l recommend the DWS779. It is considered the best dual bevel sliding compound miter saw as compared to the DWS780 model.
DeWalt DWS779 and DeWalt DWS780 are made by DeWalt, which is a brand that is well-known for producing quality products. These saw miters are two of the highest-ranked and much-loved models from DeWalt. Even though there have a lot of similar features, there is a major difference between these two miter saws. However, the DWS779 stands out as the best saw miter. It is more versatile and affordable as compared to the DWS780. The DWS780 is just an imitation, the only different feature it has is the LED light. DWS779 vs. DWS780, the DWS779 takes the prize as the winner.