All plants need light to grow. Without light, they won’t be able to get enough food that they require in order to grow, survive and reproduce. However, there are certain regions where there is less accessibility to energy from the sun. In such areas, the only possible way that will help your plants to grow healthy is by using artificial lights.
Those artificial lights for plants are commonly known as grow lights. They play a pivotal role in the process of photosynthesis and the light that they provide is similar to that of the sun. Therefore most gardeners use grow lights in the winter season where the amount of light to supply plants will be insufficient. Grow lights come in different types.
Some are more efficient while others are less efficient. In this post, I would like to share direct features to features of t5 vs t8 grow lights.
T5 Vs. T8 Grow Lights
T5 Grow Lights Features
These are one of the best grow lights that can be used to grow any type of plant. They are good for plants and they can be used in greenhouses or indoor gardens. For better results when using T5 grow lights, it is important to choose the right one ( from fixture to bulbs). I recommend a high output bulb which is cost-effective in a way that you can save money on buying electricity.
After selecting a suitable fixture and bulbs, it is also vital to know how far should T5 lights be from plants. Actually, mounting lights depends on the amount of space available and the type of plant that you have grown. If it is seedlings or plants that don’t need more heat especially those with soft leaves, the best height should be at 12 in. However, for most plants that can be grown at moderate heat, the normal height should be at 6-8 in above the plant.
- HIGH LIGHT OUTPUT: 20000 Lumen, Professional Grow Lighting System, 95% Reflectivity German Hammer-tone Reflector. 30% more light output vs comparable systems
- ALL ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Qty4 6500K 4ft Lamps, Hanging hooks and chains, 8 FT Power cord
- OUTLET ON FIXTURE - Power up to 5 fixtures off one wall outlet - less clutter, more convenience
- FLEXIBLE LIGHT OUTPUT: 2 switches on body allow for step dimming - one for inner 2 bulbs, another for outer 2 bulbs
- SAFE OPERATION: Rated for operation in Wet/Damp environments. Has Made-In-Italy AAG Stucchi lampholder with I certificate to prevent fire if tubes get loosed during operation, UL/CUL safety approved. 5 year warranty
- 🥇Kamikoto Kanpeki Knife Set Review | Slicing | Utility | Nakiri Vegetable Knife 
- 🥇Compare T5 Vs T8 Grow Lights for Indoor Gardening | 2020
- 🥇Chicago Cutlery Knife Set Reviews [19,18,15 ✅ ] Pieces Insigma Set
T8 Grow Lights Features
Even if you are living in the city, you can enjoy your gardening using T8 grow lights. They are very much easier to use. You can grow anything from seed starting, flowers, vegetables, and herbs. T8 light fixture is capable of keeping outdoor plants alive during the winter, especially for orchids. The other thing that l like with T8 is that they allow you to rotate your crops.
- 1 Ð Purple Reign 4' Foot T8 LED Grow Light System
- Dimension - Entire Fixture: 50Ó x 34Ó x 19Ó / Bulb:
- Specs - Bulbs: 96 LED Chips / 20W Total / Red : Blue : Warm White = 66:15:15 Ratio / AC85-265V - Current: 120V/130mA, 240V/65mA - Bulb Life: 30,000 Hours
- Compact, easy set up, and readily adjustable to provide the necessary light and nurture for your plants. Uses LED lights - LED bulbs have a longer lifespan and higher efficiency, without generating more heat
- Package Includes: 1 Ð 4' Foot T8 LED Stand / 1 - 20W T8 LED Bulb
Differences: T5 Vs T8 Grow Lights
Tests and studies have been bought to a conclusion that T8 grow lights last for a long period as compared to normal output (NO) and very high output (VHO) of T5 grow lights. However, the T5 high output (HO) bulbs have a longer lifespan.
When talking about grow lights costs, there are two things involved. The first one is the price of different types of grow lights. And the other one is for the cost of using glow lights. Actually, the cost of running grows lights depends on the type of fixtures that you are using.
The only way that will help you to come up with actual energy usage is to know how much your city charges per kilowatt-hour of usage. In addition to prices, they vary depending on the type of product.
You can check the best grow light from Amazon. Above all, T8 grow lights fixtures are less expensive compared to T5 grow lights fixtures.
After discovering the difference between T8 grow lights and T5 grow lights, you will be able to choose the one that suits your needs. The most interesting part of using grow lights is that you can grow and enjoy fresh vegetables from your garden all year long. Grow lights have many advantages such as quick harvesting cycle and providing healthy plants
Above all, the most important thing that you should not neglect before buying grow light is to know the heat that it generates, and knowing some common accessories such as fixtures and grow tents. Some manufacturers produce poor quality. That is why we work so hard in helping you to come up with the best choices for your garden.