75% of deaths in a home may occur because of any sudden fire break. Clear surveys suggest that household members may have a maximum of 2 minutes to evacuate the situation before getting trapped.
Climbing down the walls with the only support of a pipe can never be a good idea if not an expert. The only choice is to hook a Fire Escape Ladder and then step down to the ground- of course, that too, without getting hurt and land safely. Unlike the dedicated fire exit route, you can create one through the window with the help of a fire escape ladder present in your room.
These fire escape ladders can be used in any building- in home, office or even schools and institutions. They are fitted near the window to get the shortest escape router in case a fire breaks out. The mechanism is simple- just hook the ladder on the window bar and then throw out the ladder. It unfolds and gets ready to step down.
Each of the rugs is important as the ladder maintains a sturdy body so that it vibrates less and remains sturdy. This is a typical useful ladder that benefits you to climb down a multi-storied building through the easiest way out. They have durable construction, reliable, and are easy to install. These are the reasons why choosing a ladder with such features are important. Missing out on the safety standards can cause serious injuries to any person.
10 Best Fire Escape Ladders To Buy in 2020
1. Kidde Three Story Fire Escape Ladder
- This ladder has easy mechanism. It allows to quickly attach the hook to the windows in case of any emergency installation.
- The ladder is extremely sturdy and durable. It can hold a weight of a maximum of 1000 pounds. So 2-3 people can climb down together.
- It includes a tangle-free design. Just throw the ladder in a hurry and it untangles by itself. No need to manually adjust anything.
- The product comes with zero assembly requirements. All the parts are previously assembled. Simply install the hooks to a certain position.
- Anti-slip rugs are present on the step. While hurrying to climb down, the ladder makes sure not to fall off the steps.
2. First Alert Two-Story Fire Escape Ladder
- Tough nylon steel construction is provided. This material allows the ladder to stay protected from flames and also to carry the body weight.
- It comes with secure hooks. These hooks are specifically designed to give a tight grip to the ladder. It does not turn upside down while climbing.
- The product comes with epoxy-coated rungs that can provide sure footing. Moreover, they are slip-resistant to get a protected grip.
- The ladder is easy to set up and it takes hardly 30 seconds to open the straps and throw the body out. It is strong enough for everyone to get down.
- The product has a total length of 14-feet to get down. It is enough for any two-storey building.
3. X-IT 2 Story Emergency Escape Ladder (13 foot)
- The product weighs only 5.95 pounds. This is sufficient for any kid to carry and even install it by themselves.
- It has a total length of 13 feet while covering a 2-storey building. The dimensions are exactly 7.5 x 11.5 x 6 inches.
- The ladder includes a maximum capacity of 100 pounds. Because of this, 2-3 people can climb down the ladder at the same time.
- This ladder comes with all the safety standards in check. It includes ASTM safety standards including the UL.
- It has a secure grip and a stable hook. The hook is long and so it won’t be a problem to install the product.
4. First Alert Three-Story Portable Fire Escape Ladder
- This First Alert ladder comes with a 24-feet overall length. Thus, it can offer a dependable escape route from a 3-story building.
- The product has a decent weight. It weighs around 12.8 Pounds in a total. Compared with others, the weight is still moderate.
- It includes proper safety standard features. The ropes have qualified with ASTM standards. It is completely safe to use.
- Coming to the construction, the ladder is boosted by nylon material. Because of this material, the product is resistant to fire.
- The ladder has a maximum capacity of 375 pounds which is great for any person. It has a durable steel body with slip-resistant rungs.
- Steel stabilizers present on the hooks allow the ladder to remain stable even when there is no wall support. It does not tangle often.
5. Kidde 468193 KL-2S Fire Escape Ladder (2 Story)
- Anti-slip rugs are there to give a secure foot to the ladder. Even if the feet are set, it will not slip off the rugs easily.
- It comes with a tangle-free design. The ropes are separated by the rugs and will not tangle even if there are cross-winds on the wall.
- The design is specifically tested to hold two people at a time. It comes with a maximum hold capacity of 1000 pounds.
- The product includes no assembly tools. It just takes up a few seconds to open up the strap and then throw it out.
- Easy to use features allow attaching the ladder quickly. It saves all the time figuring out the perfect installation place.
6. Hausse Retractable Fire Escape Ladder (3 Story)
- Extension of 25 feet is very helpful for users. Just adjust the length by un-zipping the straps at the bottom of the ladder.
- It has retractable hooks present. This feature will allow extending the ladder hook at both the ends so to keep it in the right position.
- The product comes with a fast to deploy mechanism. The rugs are simply strapped and opening them will allow extending the ladder till the ground.
- It comes with slip-resistant rungs to get a steady foothold. The rungs will always give a secure grip to the foot.
- Zero requirements for any external tool to set up the product and to use it. It just needs a proper place to adjust the hooks and the rest is easy.
7. LUISLADDERS Fire Escape Ladder (2 Story)
- This ladder comes with an amazing design. Since it has a 15-feet length, it is safe to touch the ground with the ladder.
- It comes with a complete tangle-free design that is fast to deploy. The ladder is completely foldable to save spaces while storage.
- The product is completely made up of aluminium. The steel hook with central support allows the ladder to always remain stable.
- While pulling down, the maximum capacity of the ladder is 990lbs. So, 3 people can easily climb down together.
- This ladder includes a durable Terylene belt. Even when there is extra pressure, the belt stretches itself to maintain equilibrium.
8. Hynawin Emergency Fire Escape Ladder
- Durable Fire Ladder design keeps the ladder to be stable and sturdy. It gets firm support from the hook while going down.
- Lightweight and convenient allows easily carrying the product and staying safe. It is made up of a completely aluminium design to be durable.
- The product is highly flexible and sturdy with design. There are wide steps to put in both the feet beside each other.
- It includes a space-saving design and concept. The ladder can be folded and easily fits under the bed.
- The product has a high capacity for body weight. It has a maximum of 990 lbs while allowing 3 people.
9. LUISLADDERS Fire Escape Ladder (3 Story)
- This product features universal hook options available. It allows fitting in most of the window and wall size.
- The ladder includes a strong and durable mechanism. The slip-resistant rungs provide a steady foothold with proper steps.
- It can give a proper EN131 security certification. The ladder is safe to use from all sides. The max weight capacity is 1000 lbs.
- The product comes with adjustable tools with central support. It allows the ladder to remain stable and not tangle under any situation.
- It requires no external tools to assemble or to hook the product. Simply attach it by the window casing to go down.
10. Hynawin 50 Foot Emergency Escape Ladder
- This product features a massive length of 50-foot. No other product of the same range has a longer length.
- High capacity and EN131 certification allow the ladder to be safe on all the parts. The maximum weight hold is 990 lbs.
- The product comes with multiple slip-resistant rungs. It always maintains a firm grip while going down.
- It comes with a space-saving design. The product is foldable and also height-adjustable to store it in a small space.
- This emergency ladder includes universal hooks with the ropes. It allows easily using the product and deploying it faster.
While creating the reviews, a lot of products came through my mind and thus, it became difficult to pick out the best one of them. However, because of some advanced features, some products stand out the most. Below I have compared them and hope that it will be an easier choice for you to make. So you can have a look below to know more.
The Kidde Three-Story Fire Escape Ladder is my pick at the top choice for a fire escape ladder. With 25 feet in length, you can expect the ladder to support you for a three-story building. Moreover, it is tested to support almost 1000 pounds. So you won’t have to worry about any accidental tear. It’s a sturdy ladder with proper support.
The X-IT 2 Story 13 Foot Fire Escape Ladder is another impressive ladder and it’s my choice for the premium pick. The ladder is designed wide so that you can place your feet properly on the steps while coming down. It has an overall length of 1-feet which shall be good for any 2-story building. You won’t have to worry much.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly product, the First Alert Three-Story Fire Escape Ladder has to be the top choice. While testing, I found that the product has a maximum capacity of 375 pounds which is more than the average weight of any human. Since it is 24 feet, you can easily use the ladder for a 3-story building.
Frequently Asked Question FAQs
1. Can I hook the ladder on casement windows?
Of course, you can and you won’t even require any external lip for the windows. Because of the natural design, these ladders can hook properly on the wood casing. But you need to make sure that there is no damp present on the window panels. This may make the ladder unstable when it has body weight.
2. Does it matter how wide the window is?
How will you even install the ladder if the window is shorter in width than the ladder? So yes, the size of the window should always matter. So before you go on to buy any of the ladders, be specific with the size that you have.
3. Can it be attached to an outside deck railing?
I suppose it can but I won’t be 100% confident in doing this. The railing may not be well prepared to pull down the entire body-weight. In such a case, a part of the railing mar break leading to serious accidents. However, if you know the capacity, you can move on.
4. Can it be used on a balcony railing?
Just like the deck, the same rules apply for the balcony railing as well. However, the balcony railing may seem to be full of risks as you may not even get the option to hook the ladder properly. You need brackets for proper attachment.
5. Would an 8-year-old child be able to use it?
Of course, they can. None of the ladders is too heavy for an 8-year old kid to throw out of the window in an emergency. However, I’ll suggest that you keep it installed and just leave it for your kids to throw the ladder down and do the needful.